Monday, August 12, 2013

Patience is key...

Hello again,

I'm excited to write in this thing. I think it helps me to collect my thoughts and understandings and revelations without them wildly escaping into the recesses of my mind. It helps me to lasso things together to help remind me to put these thoughts into barns where I feed them, nurture them, and protect them. I don't know how that analogy came to mind but it did. God is a Teacher among so many things and I love the lessons He teaches me and reminds me of; like that one lesson He taught me ages ago about being patient. Yeah, I still need to be reminded of that.

So many good things have fallen into my lap these past few weeks. I will list them:

1) Encouragement from a brother I haven't gotten before! What a wonderful friend. To get those words of encouragement from a brother really helped me.

2) God answered the prayer I lifted up to Him and the prayers of others and He blessed me with a part-time job in a really cool place!

3) He has answered the prayer of my heart to help me with a skin problem I have been having; which is really embarrassing for me to talk about in full detail.

Those are the three most prominent things that have happened to me that I have enjoyed. And this is how these three things have awakened impatience:

1) The way he treated me triggered the desire for romance, love, and dating. All of which are not happening right now and I'm not sure is happening any time soon. I'm not saying I'm going to date him or even want to date him, but I enjoyed how nice he was to me and I want that in my life consistently. I'm upset that it isn't here yet and I know only God can make this happen in the right time with the right person...so I pray for patience and I hope that I can give my romantic life over into God's hands.

2) I have the job...but I have to wait until the end of the month to start! I want to start working now but God is saying..."Geraldine...have patience, like Christ." Even an older sister from my church told me, "Don't rush it! You have all your life to work! Enjoy this time off..." *sigh* So I must pray and wait until I know what God wants me to do until I DO start working.

3) My back is healing because I decided not to eat any more dairy products or anything with milk in it. It's going to be hard but I am able to do it because I don't want my back to break into flames. Now that my back is getting better, I have to wait now for the scars to go away and I just want them gone NOW. I have waited so long for this that I want it to be better now, doggone it!!

Yeah, I love God and I thank Him for what He has done for me. I have been reminded that I need to have the character of Christ. That Jesus will never stop putting me into situations that will change me into becoming more like Him. I even listened to a sermon the other day on the radio that talked about impatience! And how patience is a fruit of the Spirit and part of Christ's character that we must have. It really humbled me and I was blown away how that is exactly what I needed to hear. I heard that message on the Saturday that just passed. Even a scripture I posted on some of my social media outlets wrung the same message:

Psalm 27:13-14
"I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord."

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. I can't lie. I hate waiting. I want now. However, I must submit myself to God and be patient as He is patient. I need to call upon the Holy Spirit in times of discontentment and impatience and ask Him to help me get through it. It's the only way that I can possibly function with peace and hope and without being irritable.

There are so many scriptures about waiting on the Lord and demonstrations of Christ's patience.

I hope that if you find yourself getting anxiously impatient that you would spend some time praying for the Holy Spirit to help you be patient, to show you what to do next. Also, read some scriptures in hopes it will help you...and go ahead and tell someone else to pray for you, too. It will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home