Thursday, December 20, 2012

The first of many...?

Hello blogosphere. I'm a 23 year old art student currently residing in California. I'm also a pretty devout Christian and I am on this earth as Christ's student. I fail miserably some of the time but for the most part I can safely say that I succeed because of His grace and His love for me that I can't turn away or get away from; no matter how hard life can get (for me personally and for others).

Anyway, I started this blog as a way to share my Christian journey with the world and share some of the wisdom I've gained over the years with other people. I don't intend on teaching anyone anything because I realize that to teach, for me, would mean that I know and I don't know anything concretely. If there is anything I do know, it's that we are always learning in life and it's best to stay humble about what we think we can teach.

One thing I want to share with Christians right now would be to start a prayer journal. I just got this amazing journal from a wonderful lady at my church. She participated in a Secret Santa thing for the young girls in our congregation and I was one of those young girls unknowingly waiting for this clandestine article to befall my lap and I would either get excited or be filled with dread not really knowing how to respond. Thankfully, I praise God for what I did receive, the two gifts she gave me were exactly what I wanted in my heart. A placard displaying Jeremiah 29:11 beautifully, reassuring me that God has a plan for this silly, social anxietied-girl, and a beautiful journal (AND I MEAN BEAUTIFUL); every page is designed differently. I find myself not really wanting to use it nor write in its pages. I don't even want to guess how much it cost. It also has quotes from the Bible and notes about God on different pages. It's really an upgrade from my 99 cent journal I bought from the local drug store.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Whether your journal is from a 99 cent store or the best Christian book place around, this journal is a journal you start from a heart that wants to remember and record the miracles of our Father in our lives (because you know just how forgetful and grumbly we, as humans, can be). It's a great way to be reminded to expect from the Lord; don't just pray and walk away.

I got the idea listening to a Charles Stanley podcast. His instructions were to write in it with prayers, and cross out that prayer neatly once God answers it (don't scribble it out) and put the date He answered it. He said that this journal could even be something you keep and give to your children one day. That was the kicker for me! Not only was I excited to see God move in my life and looked forward to crossing some things out, I, with all my heart, hope and pray that if I ever have children or adopt children, that I could give them something that will bless them to want to pursue a relationship with our Lord.

As I was writing this my mother popped into the kitchen and I was really annoyed, Haha, I just had to to share that because I don't want this to be the kind of journal where I am just "Oh so Christianly," because, like I said, I fail miserably some of the time. No, but I love my mom. She struggles with depression, but one of the things I wrote in my journal was to, "Please make my mom herself again. And turn her into a disciple of Christ." Well, she's been feeling better these days and more like herself. It's really all to God's glory. I had been praying that for a long time now but it just seems like my heart changed when I started praying about it through writing it down in my journal.

Yeah, and from one of the pages of my new journal:

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.

Psalm 5:3

It's so perfect for what I was just talking about; praying and then expecting from the Lord.

This is just an introduction, I suppose. I wave my right hand in your direction :)

Until the next post,

"For I know the plans I have for you,”
declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home